Wednesday, March 24, 2010

jonesin for an accordion

Since I can remember my Grandpa has always played the accordion. Every Christmas he would put on a little show for us or if it was my birthday he would bring it out of the closet and play me Happy Birthday to my hearts content. The other night I started (as my friend Knute would say) jonesin for my own accordion. Do any of you play the accordion? Is it something someone with no music backgrounds can learn? I found the accordion above at this Etsy shop. Quite spendy, but oh so beautiful.
......................
On a separate, but still musical note, I heard this song on the radio yesterday while driving. I had my windows down, the sun was out and it felt goooood.

6 comments:

Lynzie said...

I used to have a headboard exactly like that! Maybe you can take lessons from Nancy R. Remember when she used to play the squeezebox all the time?

Hello Lindello said...

I don't remember that! I wonder what she charges hourly?

tinypaperheart said...

oh my! that is beautiful!

Lindsay said...

You should learn! You should learn! That would be SO AWESOME. Emphatically so.

from lara said...

beautiful! :)

Catherine said...

What a cool accordion! If only I knew how to play.