As I mentioned earlier, Ben and I made a trip to our local rock and mineral shop. This is one magical place. I only just started collecting, but I hope to one day own some of these gems. There is a little dark room in the back of store that displays minerals that glow under a black light! The Fluorite (1st pic) that I picked out for myself has this glowing quality which is pretty neat. I was also in search of a mineral to put in my brass and glass case. I bought it at an estate sale and it had yucky dried flowers and plastic animals glued to the bottom of it. I couldn't get all the glue off so I wanted to a pick a mineral or rock that would cover it up. I ended up going with a small Amethyst. It's really pretty in the sunlight and fits in there perfectly. Are you starting any collections?
We have got a great rock shop here in Madison. Burnies's Rock Shop. If you are ever in town, you should check it out.
Globes....I only have a few right now, but every time I see one in a vintage shop, I stop and look. I predict in several years I will have a room dedicated to them.
I used to love collecting rocks when I was a kid! I especially liked sifting through the small rocks on the shores of lakes, looking for quartzy treasures.
9 comments:
dude. you just made me realize the PERFECT thing to go inside my glass case that's just sitting around waiting for something cute to go inside!
LOVE that little vitrine with brass detail. Such a good find!
We have got a great rock shop here in Madison. Burnies's Rock Shop. If you are ever in town, you should check it out.
Globes....I only have a few right now, but every time I see one in a vintage shop, I stop and look. I predict in several years I will have a room dedicated to them.
Glad I could be of service Kate!
Thanks Taylor. When's your new blog up yo?
Beth- I will for sure be checking out that shop if I'm ever in Madison!
I adore your glass case. Want want want!
I have a friend who does healing with her crystals and stones but I think they're just pretty.
woahh....glow in the dark! excellent choice, and if you don't mind me making a pun, rock on!
I used to love collecting rocks when I was a kid! I especially liked sifting through the small rocks on the shores of lakes, looking for quartzy treasures.
How are you going to display your collection?
Whoa! I wish I had a local mineral shop!
oooo these are so cool! i love the first one!
Post a Comment