Wednesday, April 21, 2010

weekend flashback

Thanks to Leslie and Taylor I just received some pictures from last weekends birthday extravaganza. The festivities started at their house for a homemade Pasole dinner. Pasole is a delicious Mexican soup that you top with cheese, lettuce, peppers, radish, onion, and lime. Our friend Pam made the meal and it was SO GOOD. After dinner we headed to the dive bar Vegas Lounge for some karaoke action until close. THEN we went Leslie's boyfriend's house (Sam ) who happens to live in a 3,000 sq. foot loft perfect for dance parties and other debauchery. Against our better judgement we stayed here until the wee hours of the morning. The rest of the weekend was filled with more food, an art opening, and a 6-mile run. Thanks guys for the wonderful weekend! Note: The ungodly large bouquet was sent to Leslie from a client.

12 comments:

Maria Rose said...

Wow, that sounds like a great weekend!

Jocy said...

I love pasole. Growing up, my neighbors would drop off a big bowl of it every Christmas or New Year. Yum. Yum.

Michele said...

Mmmm, soup! And I'm so glad other people out there let their cats chill on the dining table!

Tiffany said...

ooo i'm definitely going to make pasole. i've only really made tortilla sopa but that looks BEAUTIFUL, especially with the radishes!
yummmmm!!!

how fun are those photos!? yay!

Eunice said...

aww kitty cat and cute friends! and yummy food, i bet you had a fabulous time!

pineapplemint said...

The bouquet is large but pretty. They have such a stately house, it really goes well on that table.

roberta jane said...

Oh! The hat in the last photo is PERFECT! Wonder where it's from???

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Your weekend sounds positively divine :) Fantastic pics! Happy (belated) birthday to Leslie!

hellolindello said...

Roberta-

I have no idea where she got that hat! I'll ask her though. Btw- Not sure if you are familiar with Haley Bonar, but that is her sister. Haley is a musician in Portland. You should check her out sometime!

shanon said...

I love soup and I love your friend's dining room. =) Sounds like a great time!

Libby said...

i love posole!!! especially with the radishes~ and a ton of lime. and I love dance parties~ sounds like a great time.

Lindsay said...

Ummm, how have I not yet commented on this? That cat is BEAUTIFUL.