




How was everyone's weekend? Ben and I took off Friday for Canada. His dad built a cabin just over the boarder on Lake Superior. It's such a relaxing place to hangout. Right on the lake it overlooks a handful of islands including Isle Royal. We had beautiful weather the whole time so much of it was spent outside helping out with the gardens or just laying in the sun snacking* and drinking. We saw a lot of animals while driving up there- the cutest porcupine, a few foxes, and a big black bear and cub! I have always wanted to see a black bear so I was pretty excited seeing this guy. He just sat and watched us for awhile like it was no big deal. *On our way there we stopped in at Grand Portage to get some snacks and to my surprise they carried Twin Bings!! I was listening to NPR's The Splendid Table (on Saturday afternoons) a couple months ago and Lynne had on this author talking about the best old school candy bars and he said the Twin Bings was his favorite. Ever since I've been keeping an eye out for them but couldn't find them anywhere until now! They're absolutely horrible for you, but they are a tasty treat for sure.
7 comments:
Sounds like perfection.
I love bears too! I just wish they were cuddly, or maybe not it would be horrifying to wake up with a bear cuddling you on a camping trip
hahaha aw that bear is so cute. he's like whats up guys? lovely drive?
that cabin looks exquisite! looks like your memorial weekend was actually sunny! (compared to most memorial weekends i've had had!)
I've never heard of Twin Bings, but they sound divine. These photos have me craving the lake like you can't believe!
Twin Bings?!? What ARE they? Is there chocolate involved?
oh my!
Linds- They are chocolates with nuts and a cherry center. They look kinda nasty, but theyre SO GOOD.
I've never heard of Twin Bings, will have to keep my eye out for them. And I'm so envious of your bear sighting & that you were able capture her in a pic. The only bear I've seen in the wild was a small juvenile, and quite the little clown. He wasn't threatening - just playful, but the horse I was on almost backed off the side of the mountain, so the memory of how cute he was is kind of overshadowed by the near-death experience.
Post a Comment