Monday, July 12, 2010

weekend.

I'm back from my long weekend in Minneapolis. As mentioned earlier, a bunch of us got together to bid farewell to our friend Pam who is moving to England (today!). Leslie orchestrated a beautiful outdoor bbg with homemade fruit cakes, grilled goodies, and rhubarb punch (so good!). Afterwards we went to the Walker to see Tapes 'n Tapes play in the park. A real treat. Other weekend activities included lavender lemonade, a nice dinner at Lucias, a 7 mile run, lunch with Kelly and Steve at Black Sheep Pizza, and discovering the best red lipstick.
.........................
I arrived back in Duluth to cooler weather and it feels soooooooo nice. I was almost cold last night! I also had a wonderful surprise waiting in my mailbox when I returned that I'll be sharing tomorrow! I hope you had a great weekend too!

9 comments:

stephanie renee said...

oh i miss all the great music you can see outside in minneapolis! looks like you had a great time!

Kate said...

I want to squueeeeeze that pup! Such a cutie.

littlebyrd said...

That kitty picture is SO CUTE! The weekend looked perfect, especially the food/drink portion :)

ilana kohn said...

symmetrical kitties! - had to be a great trip. :)

Park Street said...

Looks like you had a really special weekend. Isn't MAC fantastic? I'm spoiled in the fact that my brother's wife is an artist for them. She gives us makeup every year for Christmas, otherwise, I can't afford it!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

How exciting for your friend Pam (although I know you will miss her). Mmmmm...rhubarb punch...

Lexie said...

MN sounds so nice in the summer ... but so frightening in the winter! how do you do it? i can barely survive IL winters!

also, i looove the pink lemonade out of the mason jar! yum!

Lindsay said...

I know I've said this before, but your friends are SO CUTE! And those cats!

Corinna said...

love your cats! and all that food looks amazing. i am so not ready for summer to end. here is to as many BBQs and Sangria we can handle until its cold!