Monday, August 9, 2010

garden

Between out vegetable garden and CSA share we have enough veggies to feed our entire block I think. Soon we will have more zucchini, yellow squash, and tomatoes to know what to do with. I'm thinking salsa and a perhaps a grilling party. My favorite vegetable of choice so far are the purple haze carrots with the white middle. They're almost too pretty (and magical looking) to eat.
............
My solo weekend went very well. I kept it pretty tame and enjoyed having the house to myself. I think I will be even more thankful for it once next Friday comes along. Ben and I will be celebrating 5 years of marriage this weekend then I am off to Vegas for Project for a week. I can't even begin to imagine how hot it's going to be there since I've been slowly morphing into a puddle these last weeks. Today's humidity is almost unbearable. Fall is looking really good right now.

10 comments:

Park Street said...

Look at those vegetables! I'm so jealous. I think I'll most definitely sign up for our CSA next spring.
In Vegas, you'll only be an 8 hour drive from Salt Lake City! ;)

Ella said...

i don't think it gets much better than a purple carrot:)

Lexie said...

congratulations on 5 years of marriage! that's wonderful!

those vegetables look sooo beautiful!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

I need to get myself a CSA box...

Joyti said...

O yum...the purple carrots are beautiful...and I'm sure all of those veggies would taste wonderful grilled.

Lynzie said...

See you at the slots!

Holly said...

ohh so pretty! a grilling party sounds fab. what did you do with that big bowl of veggies? stir fry?

Deb said...

Those veggies looks amazing! Nice work!

Lindsay said...

Kate! Beautiful pictures! AND, 5 year anniversary?!? That's amazing.

I'm sure that, despite the heat, you'll have a FANTASTIC time in Las Vegas!!

stephanie renee said...

congrats on 5 years, such a milestone! i love purple potatoes too!