Tuesday, August 3, 2010

long weekend.

The original plan was to go down just for the Twins Game, but Ben and I decided to make a long weekend of it and stay in Minneapolis until Monday night. We stayed a night at Leslie's and two nights at the Hotel Minneapolis downtown. The last 4 days were so much fun. Besides having a total blast with Chris and April at the ball game, Ben and I went to a different art museum everyday.

Leslie is the director of the Weinstein Gallery in Minneapolis, so it's a real treat to go see her at work. We got a little private tour and got see all the goods that are in the basement. We went there on Saturday as well as the Walker which had some really great exhibits going on. I especially loved the Talent Show exhibit. It was a gorgeous (very hot) day so we took a break and drank sangria on the patio.

On Sunday we went to the Art Institute and spent hours bumming around and taking photos of our favorite works. After the gallery we did a little shopping in Edina and headed back to our hotel and got ready for tapas and drinks and Solera.

Monday we took advantage of Surdyk's liquor sale and loaded up on bottles of Hendricks and grapefruit bitters. I was hopping to score some Pimm's, but it was sold out (everywhere it seemed). We had lunch at Punch and then Kelly, Ben, and I did some shopping and checked out The Museum of Russian Art. Before we headed back a bunch of us went at saw the movie Inception (there were mixed reviews among us). We didn't arrive back to Duluth until Midnight, but I'm so glad we stayed as long as possible. It's been so nice seeing Les and Kelly the past few weekends, and Ben and I really needed a little mini vaca. Now back to reality....

Oh. I almost forgot about this video. For a good 15 minutes no one in our section at the Twin's Game was even watching what was going on in the field because a group of drunk guys were throwing money over the balcony above us. It was completely crazy and fun to watch. I managed to capture a little portion on video.

4 comments:

stephanie renee said...

oh, tapas and sangria at solera are my favorite!

Park Street said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun!

What did you think of Inception?

Maria Rose said...

What a great trip.

PS I Love your white dress@

Deb said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!!!