Found this new friend in a basement all alone. His feathers are so beautiful and vibrant. I was going to sell him, but now I can't say goodbye. He looks too good above our mantle.*i recently found out Ben's parents we're going to name him Darby (so cute). What were your parents alternative names? Gretchen and Heidi were mine, but they decided to name me Kathryn after my late great aunt.
9 comments:
My parents were going to name me Thecla after my aunt. I think that it is a more interesting name than Lynzie.
I was always going to be Kathleen as it was my grandmas name, but if I had been a boy I would have been Tim. If my brother had been a girl, my mom wanted to name him Teisha (I have no idea where she got that one) so my brother is very happy he turned out to be a boy.
Apparently the names in discussion for me were Rose or Haley. I wouldn't have minded going by Rosie, but Haley is just awful. If I were a boy, though -- real clunker. Terrence James, but they would have called me T.J. Unforgivable. Makes me like Shana a little more. Not much.
If I had turned out to be a boy, my parents were going to name me Dylan. I think I would've been okay with that (although it's not as awesome as Darby).
my alternative name was anastasia, nickname stacy or ana. i ended up being alexandria, nickname lexie.
i once knew a girl with a double name -- mary darby! i loved it.
My parents had chosen Stephanie or Samantha as alternate names for me and Timmy, had I been born a boy.
Darby does look good on your mantel!
I was going to be Tina, but my cousin was born eight days before me and my aunt & uncle gave her the name. I think I would have been a very different person as a Tina. If I had been a boy, my parents were thinking Darren, though jokers thought it was funny to suggest Ray as my last name is Zinn :)
Cooooool! I've wanted some sort of stuffed animal for SO long, but I'm afraid that it would be a cat-destroyal-magnet. :(
Darby is SUCH a sweet name. I've met only one Darby (a chick), and she was sweet.
My parents considered naming me Leigh, but decided Lindsay was more unique. Which every other parent in 1983 decided, too...
My mom was dying to name me Vanessa, but there was an awful little child living next door who ruined the name for my Dad. I'm happy with this outcome!
Post a Comment