Saturday, September 11, 2010

Thank you for all your sweet and thoughtful comments/emails. I am finally starting to feel like myself again. Between starting a new job and dealing with Kaj's death I have felt like my world has been turned upside down. Through all of this, lessons have been learned and I have grown more than ever.

I love my new job, but as you probably have noticed I don't have a whole lot of time for blogging and it feels weird not waking up and catching up on all of yours. I'm sure once I am adjusted to my new lifestyle things will fall into place, but for now I'll be popping in whenever I have time.

Yesterday I turned 27 and I tonight I will be celebrating seeing these guys and being surrounded by loved ones. I am so thankful.

Oh- I also got a new camera from Ben and I LOVE it. It's a Canon S90 and it's perfect because it takes wonderful photos and is still small so I can bring it everywhere. I have only taken a few photos so far. The one above is from today. Ben and I went swinging at bayfront. I forgot how much fun swings are! The little things, ya know? xxxx

7 comments:

anabela / fieldguided said...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, and I hope you had a happy birthday despite it. Enjoy your night! xo

l said...

Happy late birthday, lovely. I just read your last entry, I'm so sorry. I wish there was something better I could say. But it's true that time will heal your wounds. Take care <3

julia said...

Happy Birthday Kate!! :)

Sorry to hear about your friend, that's so sad - wishing you well at this time.

Jennifer said...

A very happy birthday to you, or as happy as possible under the circumstances. Enjoy time with your friends and loved ones, and with your new camera :)

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Oh Kate, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. On a different note, congratulations on your new job. The company sounds like a really exciting place to be a part of. It seems that once again our lives are running parallel. We are both dealing with grief, leaving self-employment behind, and I imagine that you, like me, are feeling quite contemplative. Happy birthday girlie, I'm glad you'll be surrounded by good friends and family through this time of extreme life changes.

littlebyrd said...

Oh man, I am sorry to hear about your friend. so so sorry.
Kate: I want to wish you happy belated birthday!! I hope it was a wonderful day.

Holly said...

i have the same camera! which reminds me, i need to read the owners manual.... i only use authomatic and low light. eep. let me know if you have any tricks.