Monday, October 18, 2010

pumpkin patch

When we were in Bayfield the other weekend, Ben and I stopped at a pumpkin farm. We try and go every year, but last year we missed out. I was excited to continue the tradition and brought home with us a little selection. The one I'm holding was a called a "Cinderella pumpkin", but we stuck with the standard carving pumpkin. I need to start brainstorming some carving ideas. Although, the only main reason I like carving pumpkins are for the seeds!



Roasted Pumpkin Seeds:


Preheat over to 350
Spread seeds over a flat pizza pan
Spray and cover seeds with Braag's
Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper
Dash of cayenne
bake till brown and crispy

6 comments:

k said...

carving pumpkins is always fun :) well, i like digging my hands in them then i get impatient, haha

Park Street said...

Oh man, I LOVE pumpkin seeds. I caramelized them in brown sugar and butter last year, and it was like eating pumpkin toffee. So delicious.

Lexie said...

your pictures are always so simple and do a lovely job of capturing nice moments.

i got impatient and didn't scoop out all the seeds and my pumpkin rotted! boo! lesson learned.

stephanie renee said...

i love these photos, now i can't wait to carve pumpkins!

kim @ pineapplemint said...

You always have the best photos! Now I want to get a pumpkin, though I really had no intention of carving one this year...

Mallory said...

i've always wanted to find one of those white pumpkins... but i never do. maybe they don't grow in maine? i'm not very pumpkin-knowledgable, haha