Sunday, October 10, 2010

weekend.

The weekend was spent in Bayfield for the Whistlestop half marathon. We have been going the last four years and it's become quite the tradition. I suppose to be running in it, but opted out due to some knee issues. It was a PERFECT weekend to still go. The weather was unusually warm and we spent our time wondering around the town looking at all the small shops and checking out our favorite used book store. It has a little "secret garden" spot out back where you can drink coffee and read.

We stayed at a cute little place called the Isaac Wing House, and the owners brought us fresh baked apple pie in the morning. How sweet is that? If you ever go to the South Shore of Wisconsin, you HAVE TO stop in Bayfield. It's one my favorite destinations and we're so lucky it's only a short and lovely drive away.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Dude, did you get an ADORABLE NEW HAIRCUT?!? You are a total cuteface!

Also, I have that same mustard scarf as you.

Deb said...

Thanks for a fun weekend Kate! Great pics!

k said...

i love these pictures, something so gorgeous about them :)

Julia said...

How was it? Cassi ran the whistlestop, too, but I haven't heard much about it! Those pictures are fabulous, though! I loved the pictures of the library!

Lexie said...

fun! i am going to run a half marathon in april if everything works out! i didnt know you were a runner too :)