Tuesday, November 23, 2010

forager

Did you happen to read this article from WSJ about Mr.Strusinski who scours the forest for mushrooms?

Mr. Strusinski is a food forager, rummaging through woods and rivers from Vermont to the coast of Maine to Portland to gather cattails, pineapple weed, wood sorrel and other offbeat ingredients. He supplies about a dozen restaurants in Maine, but this year he's expanded to New York, including Mr. Chang's Momofuku restaurants and Vandaag, a northern European-focused restaurant in the East Village.

Photographed by David Wright.
...............

Dream man/ dream job? Molly Kissner- you're the first person who popped into my head when I read this.

3 comments:

Julia said...

Wow, could you imagine? It would be amazing to see what he would find. Does he cook, too?

Maria Rose said...

I didn't read that article, but I am totally interested in foraging...though mushroom foraging freaks me out!

HannahB said...

How wonderful!


(I kinda have a crush on him now!)