Monday, March 12, 2012

weekend review






What a busy weekend! Three of us girls rented a place up the North Shore to celebrate our friend Kelly's 30th birthday. Unfortunately, I over-booked my weekend and realised when it was too late that my birthing class was also going on Saturday and Sunday. I ended up meeting up with the girls at night and attending birth class for the day. Saturday evening was enjoyed at the New Scenic Cafe where we indulged in endive salads, curried mussels, and beets. On Sunday I spent the late afternoon cleaning up our guest room while Argos took a nap and watched :)

...................

Birth class went really well. Originally I was annoyed because it was interfering with my girl weekend, but I am so glad Ben and I went. Especially for him. He learned SO much. Planning a home birth has been for the most part pretty easy. Duluth has an amazing group of midwives and natural birthing support groups that have helped us so much already. I know the big event is what will matter, but I am feeling really comfortable with my decision. I am, however, starting to get anxiety about AFTER the birth. I am trying not to have too many expectations, but it's definitely easier to picture what you WANT to happen rather what the REALITY  of it all will be (like frolicking around in sundresses with a baby in a sling on the beach every day - I'm delusional). I just have to remember that every thing I want will not happen right away.

No comments: