Yup. I'm still pregnant!
Week: 40 (I am now going off my LMP date, so TODAY is actually my original due date! The ultrasound showed May 20th, but whatever. I should have known to just stick to the original like everyone says)
Dress: Creature of Comforts
Jacket: Jcrew
Shoes: Rachel Comey
Necklace: Alyson Fox
Wood Necklace: Bought it has a gift store up the shore. It's a piece of smooth wood on a leather string. Apparently the wood is from Sweden and is good luck :)
So now it has come down to the waiting game. I was beginning to think I would never have this baby, but now that I am going off my LMP date I feel like things are progressing normally. I am getting a lot more uncomfortable at night and have been feeling waves of nausea which my midwife tells me are all good signs. I also lost this (sorry if that's too TMI, but I know I have a few pregnant readers out there that are curious ). I guess I still could have her in May, but I am starting to think she will be a June Gemini!
I have been staying busy having friends over, going on lunch dates, and finding anything in the house I can organize. I think Ben and I have been to Goodwill 6 times in the last 2 weeks. It feels good to purge all this junk we didn't need. I have also been walking a lot. The last two days Ben and I have been hiking at a nearby park repeatedly walking up the steepest hills we can find. It feels good to be able to keep moving, but my feet are starting to get pretty sore from all the added pressure.
The tub is all set up and ready to go. We just need to start filling it with water once labor starts. I am feeling pretty good about the labor part. For sure a little terrified, but more excited to just bite the bullet and meet this little bean! I am trying to keep an open mind if a situation arises where I do need to go to the hospital. Of course I would love to have an amazing home birth experience, but I do realize things come up and I may need to go in. I have a brilliant support team - a wonderful midwife, her two assistants - one being my dear friend April. Other than Ben these will be the only people witnessing the birth. We wanted to keep it small and private so we could just focus on each other (Ben + I). In end, as long as she is healthy we will be happy! Please keep us in your thoughts xxxx
8 comments:
Woohoo! Goodbye to the plug! I lost mine and had my show the next morning. Went into labor that night and delivered 1.5 days later. Sooo exciting, can't wait to meet your little bean!
I was wondering if you had her yet :) I had my first dream about my baby coming the other night - I still have about 2 months to go, but am obviously thinking about the big event! I'm starting to get jitters as well, but trying to remember how sweet life will be with a little bundle of joy! Thinking of you and can't wait to see her!
You look so cute in this photo! Good luck with the countdown -- you're going to do great.
The final countdown!! Good luck in the coming days and weeks!
Sounds like you are doing everything right. Best wishes as you move forward!
Definitely thinking of you! Great news on the ol' MP -- a really good sign :) Not long now! Hope it all goes beautifully xoxo
i am going to iceland on monday! i cant wait to hear about your baby when i get back later this month! best of luck, kate. :)
So exciting! You look SO beautiful. Thinking of you.
Post a Comment