Monday, July 6, 2009

cottage weekend

My weekend was a complete blast. We had so much fun we all decided to stay an extra night so I didn't get home till this afternoon! Here's a glimpse of our weekend: We stayed at a place called 'Devil Track' resort and rented this cottage (above).
I found this old wooden sign in the woods on my way to the lake. There were so many pretty wildflowers everywhere
Some friends of ours that ran the race stopped by for a visit.
We spent a lot of time laying on the dock (just as planned!).
The sun was shining the whole time we were there.
It was perfect. There was even a lemonade stand right across the road from us!
These cute sisters made some decent $$ from us :) The race was hard, hot, and muddy!
But so much fun.
Our legs and shoes were covered in thick mud.
I am realizing more and more how much I love trail races more than road races.
..........
Did you have a good fourth?
.........

8 comments:

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

I had a grea fourth, but hese pictures are fantastic!! Looks like an awesome weekend!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Fantastic pictures! I love the black and whites, and that sign - what a find! Your weekend sounds just perfect. I'm not a runner, but I've considered taking up trail running. I've no interest in running on streets (though The Boy and I love to take long urban treks). I wish I lived somewhere that I could walk out my door and hit a trail within a mile. 'Tis but a dream for now...

~ ennui ~ said...

Great images...you've really captured the mood and pure enjoyment of your weekend. Also loving the mix of B/W with the color. Spot on!
My weekend? Like most days- spent on my boat. Pinot Grigio and cheese sandwiches!

Holly said...

like scenes outta a movie, so sweet! i wish i could run for that long!

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Loved the pics of the shoes..muddy and all. I'd be jumping off that dock in a heart beat! Glad it was a good time and the cabin...so romantic!

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun! What a different and fun way to spend the 4th of July! Cool pics too!

Brett Rasmussen said...

Looks like a great time! I definitely miss the blissful feeling of running amongst the trees on the wonderful trails of Northern Minnesota!

Surprisingly not much Fouth of July celebration in Japan... I thought the whole world celebrated America's greatness!?!

Clarity said...

It sounds like a good break, from the sunny dock to the haloumi (yumm) to the lemonade-filled day.
Sweet post and pictures.

Thank you for your lovely comment.

I am trying to keep my career and Films out of the blog, but hope to share more soon; the blog keeps stepping into my life, rather than my stepping into the blog :)

What other documentaries do you enjoy?