Thursday, June 10, 2010

haus.

I've lived in my house for 3 years now and like most home owners I still have lots of things to cross off my list as far as getting things how I want them. For one, our dining room has boggled my mind to the point where I don't really know what to do with it. I have ideas but when I start working on those ideas I end up not liking them after all. I've given up on the dining room for now and have switched my energy to our guest room.

Ben and I painted it a couple months ago and now it's a matter of figuring out what to put in it. My friend Helen is coming up from Chicago next week so I have been busting a move trying to get it ready. A few weeks ago I found the most amazing map ever. It will be making it's appearance in the guest room and I can't wait to show you once it's up. Yesterday I went to our local antique shop and almost dropped dead after finding the rug in the above picture. I've been looking for a Navajo geometric rug that has pink in it and this one was a SUPER steal ($80!!). I kept looking on ebay for one but the bids always get up to around $500. It's large and round and perfect. Also while I was at said antique store I saw the above lamp which is the same color as the rug and quite unusual looking. I love it. All I need is a bed in the room and it should be almost complete. Once it is I will be sure to show you, but I couldn't resist giving you a peek of my new finds.

7 comments:

Lynzie said...

I love the rug! Can i stay in your guest room?

Jess said...

amazing rug!! It's good to know that after three years you still have some items not checked off - I've been a homeowner for 1 year and 2 months and I feel like there's so many things I thought I'd do allatonce that are now just fleeting memories ...

Holly said...

you are right, that rug was a GREAT find. we too are working on our guest room slowly but surely. nothing like a real guest coming to spur you on!!

Hello Lindello said...

Of course Lynz!

Caroline said...

That rug!!! Oh man...what an awesome fine!

jamie said...

RAD rug.

Lindsay said...

Oh MAN. That rug is innnnsane. I love your use of pink and pastels. Your house/pictures/outfits all seem so calming and airy without being heinously girly or sweet.